Congratulations! You’ve made it to Day 4. Keep seeking God, sacrificing to know Him better.
Here is an easy recipe to add to your eating plan. If you like asparagus like we do in our home, you’ll enjoy this Daniel Fast approved recipe for “Cream” of Asparagus Soup. I use my VitaMix to make it fast and simple. Enjoy!
Cream of Asparagus Soup
The vibrant green color of this asparagus purée makes it as beautiful as it is delicious.
- 1½ pound asparagus, raw
- 1 small onion, raw
- 1½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 handful of raw almonds (almonds add a nutty taste which pairs nicely with asparagus as well as a little protein boost)
- 1 small potato, baked
- garlic, salt and pepper, to taste
- Place asparagus, onion, vegetable broth and almonds into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3 minutes or until almonds are finely ground. Reduce to Variable 2; remove lid plug.
- Add baked potato, garlic salt and pepper.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes or until hot and smooth.
- Add additional seasonings to taste. Serve with a smile and enjoy your healthy homemade soup!
Prayer is reaching out after the unseen; fasting is letting go of all that is seen and temporal. Fasting helps express, deepen, confirm the resolution that we are ready to sacrifice anything, even ourselves to attain what we seek for the kingdom of God. Andrew Murray